In my previous post I have described all about the Tsukiji Fish Market that is the world’s biggest wholesale fish market in the world. Today it is time for you to know some important travel tips to have a successful trip to Tsukiji fish market tuna auction. I believe that all the visitors should read these before visiting the tuna auction. Though, before entering in there, you could find some shops from where you could get necessary things such as shoes, t-shirt and other things.
1) In order to participate in the live tuna auction you must arrive at Tsukiji fish market at 4:00AM since the number of visitors to the tuna auction is limited to 120 visitors per day.
2) At the time you arrive there, you have to line up and wait for registration process staring from 4:30AM, don’t worry it is for free and you won’t have spend a penny.
3) While lining up for entering to the live auction area you can sit on floor if you want.
4) Spend your night near the market; it will help you to reach your destination on time. There are some nice hotels you can find near Tsukiji, so you better make a reservation for a night at Millennium Mitsui Garden Hotel which is only 0.6 km away from Tsukiji fish market.
5) You are not allowed to obstruct traffic inside the Tsukiji fish market area.
6) Smoking is strictly prohibited, so if you are a smoker then at least don’t smoke for two or three hours. Well, there is no problem for non-smoker!
7) If you wish to visit this fish market in winter then you must wear jacket or sweater, it is very cold over there.
8) You must go there with a small hand bag or backpack; just don’t bring your suitcase or large bag.
9) Don’t go there wearing high heeled shoes or sandals/flip-flops. Here you can find beautiful flip-flops.
10) Flash photography is strictly prohibited.
11) It is strictly prohibited to enter to the restricted area and please don’t touch anything such as fishes.
12) You can’t eat food or drink inside the auction area.
13) You better don’t bring small children and pets, they may do something else that could obstruct other works.
14) After participating in the auction you should take your breakfast at Tsukiji fish market, there are restaurants from where you can have fresh sushi.
15) Finally, when you are out from the main building area just take few picture of it including yours so that you could memories your Tsukiji fish market trip in the future.
Remember, this is one of the top tourist destinations in Tokyo city. You would find a lot of useful information about this place in every Tokyo travel guide. So, do the right thing and get rewarded for participating in the live tuna auction! Do you know what reward is this? The reward is you would never forget what you will see there, it is going to be your one of the most memorable trips you would ever have in the future or you had before.
Copyright 2014 @ takkhis